Monday, August 4, 2014

Car seat Cover

Baby Girls Car Seat Cover

I decided to make my brother and his girlfriend a baby car seat cover for the little girl they are expecting in October. Since they are in Utah I knew I needed to make this cover warm. So I quickly found a pattern on Pintrest and went to work. Link down below

cally-cruze.blogspot.com infant-carseat-blanket





What I did differently

The tutorial wasn't the most detailed but it does the job. So I had a big solid piece of cotton fabric for this project instead of piecing the cover together like the tutorial. My backing piece of fleece was too small so I added a strip of purple to the middle to make it the right size. Sewed my two pieces together and turned it right side out. I think she quilted her cover together and put a binding around it but I ended up tying mine because I didn't want my fleece to bunch. After taking FOREVER tying it I also put a decorative stitch around the edging and finished. Warm and cozy.






This was a very long project, just because if all the tying I did, but totally worth the effort. It turned out much better then I thought it would and am way happy with it.Thanks for looking and enjoy!

Happiness is Homemade
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment