Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Solomon's knot crochet shawl

Crochet Solomon's Knot Shawl

So my dearest husband bought me some yarn in an online action a few month back, it was nothing but a mix of different fun yarns, fuzzy yarns, and ladder ribbon yarns and such. I had no clue what to do with half this stuff but my husband started pulling up pictures of things done in these yarns and giving me ideas of things to make. He is so sweet.

After finishing a few larger projects I had on my list I went searching for a new short project and my hubby brought up using the fun yarn once more. I was uncomfortable crocheting an unknown pattern with a new yarn but with a lot of encouragement I took the leap and created this awesome shawl that I can't get over.





















Free pattern in a different yarn and with no fringe.
www.joyfulabode.com/solomons-knot-shawl

Things I did differently

Obviously I used a different yarn then the given pattern. I used discontinued Lion Brand Trellis yarn in Champagne, about one and a half balls of it. Its tricky stuff to work with but after a little while you get use to it, find a way to make it work for you.

The pattern also doesn't have fringe or instructions. Its super easy to do though, so no worries. Just come up with how long you want your fringe to be. I wanted mine 8 inches so I doubled that and cut each strand at 16 inches. I put two stands in each Solomon's knot. Fold your strands in half, pull the loop through and then pull the ends through the loop and tight.


















The stitch work is nice and open and the yarn provides this high fashion shimmer that I just love. It was a pretty easy pattern to follow and yes I did wet block the shawl before putting the fringe on. Thanks for looking and enjoy!

Etsy 

This shawl is now available in the Etsy store, Lyssa Lou's Custom Crafts. Hop on over there and browse the other things in the store while your there.

www.etsy.com/listing/crochet-trellis-yarn-high-fashion

Facebook

If you don't see anything you like in the Etsy Store then head on over to my Facebook page and look through the many other things I have made over the years.

Message me on either to Facebook or Etsy to create a custom order together.


No comments:

Post a Comment