Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Eevvee Ear headband (a piece of the costume)

Eevvee Ears

Over the years I have made multiple costumes for my daughter, not every year though, sometimes life gets in the way. She is eight and this will be the fourth costume I have made for her so I don't think I'm doing too bad. This year after some strong suggestion to not repeat costumes she decided to be an Eevve, a cute little brown fox looking Pokemon.

I got out my book and jotted down the pieces of her costume I though would be fun. I settled on a dress, cowl, ears, and a tail (There may be legwarmers if I have the time). Later on down the road when I have completed the costume I will come back and list and link all of the patterns and things I used. Not going to lie, there is no pattern for the tail. I worked that thing up four different times and right now its my enemy.






















Anyways onto this ear pattern!

I used Red Heart Super Saver in a color called Cafe latte and a G 4.25mm hook. The ears are crochet in a round and folded down flat. There is no joining at the end of each round. SC increase means that you place 2 SC in the same stitch.

1. Magic ring and put 6 SC in the ring (6)
2. *SC increase, SC in the next Stitch* Repeat (9)
3-4. SC each stitch around (9)
5. *SC increase, SC in the next 2 Stitches* Repeat (12)
6-7. SC each stitch around (12)
8. *SC increase, SC in the next 3 Stitches* Repeat (15)
9. SC each stitch around (15)
10. *SC increase, Sc in the next 4 Stitches* Repeat (18)
11. SC each stitch around (18)
12. *SC increase, SC in the next 5 Stitches* Repeat (21)
13. SC each stitch around (21)
14. *SC increase, SC in the next 6 Stitches* Repeat (24)
15. SC each stitch around (24)
16. *SC increase, SC in the next 7 Stitches* Repeat (27)
17. SC each stitch around (27)
18. *SC increase, SC in the next 8 Stitches* Repeat (30)
19. SC each stitch around (30)
20. *SC increase, SC in the next 9 Stitches* Repeat (33)
21-22. SC each stitch around (33)

These two rounds will make your ear points on the sides. Make sure when you flatten your ears that your increase and decreases are your edges.

23. SC in the next 7 Stitches, place 3 SC in the next stitch, Sc in the next 15 Stitches, place 3 Sc in the next stitch, SC in the next 9 Stitches.
24. Sc in the next 7 Stitches, SC decrease the next 3 stitches together, SC in the next 15 Stitches, SC decrease the next 3 stitches together, SC in the next 9 stitches.

25-26. SC each stitch around (33)
27. *Sc decrease, SC in the next 9 stitches* Repeat (30)
28. SC each stitch around (30)
29. *SC decrease, SC in the next 8 stitches* Repeat (27)
30. SC each stitch around (27)
31. *SC decrease, SC in the next 7 stitches* Repeat (24)
32. SC each stitch around (24)
33. *SC decrease, SC in the next 6 stitches* Repeat (21)
34. SC each stitch around (21)
35. *SC decrease, SC in the next 5 stitches* Repeat (18)
36. SC each stitch around (18)
37. *SC decrease, SC in the next 4 stitches* Repeat (15)
38. SC each stitch around (15)

I like to finished with a slip stitch to your first stitch but you can finish however you like. Leave a long tail so that you can sew your ears to you headband.

Building your ears

Supplies needed
    your crochet ears
    a headband (I would try and find a thick out so you don't end up with top heavy ears)
    Pipe cleaners
    dark brown felt
    needle and embroidery thread

The headband I crochet a cover for so that I could easily sew my ears onto it, It also helps soften it so that it doesn't hurt my daughters head. This really depends on your headband. I got a thin one with teeth so I couldn't just crochet a tube and slide it on there. I had to crochet a small strip and then sew it onto my headband.

I placed my pipe cleaners in my ears around the edges to help support it. It took some tugging and shoving but I got them there and happy with how they came together. I then took an ear and drew an outline of it on some paper and drew the inner ear I thought would look good. When I got my paper to fit in my ear right then I cut my felt and used a back stitch to sew them on. Then I sewed them onto my headband and they are finished!

My ears are a tad bit top heavy and I will need to bobby pin them into my daughters hair but they are great.

No comments:

Post a Comment