Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Chevron Lace wrap

Chevron Lace Scarf

Alright, so I have finally settled into our new apartment in Denver Colorado and now have time to update and post all of the things I have made over the past.....4-5 months. Wow, I haven't posted in a very long time. Anyways here we go.

The first one I made was for my best friend. She wanted something black that would match a lot of her stuff. She is a Florida girl so I needed to find a pattern that was light and full of beautiful holes. I was so excited to finish this scarf and give it to her that I didn't even snap a really good picture. Oh well. This one will do.

I found the crochet pattern on Ravelry for free. Here is the link.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/chevron-lace-wrap


Things I did differently

After starting this pattern I quickly found out that this scarf pattern was not looking like a scarf at all but more like a blanket so I had to cut down my foundation chains to 51 and followed the chart (or written pattern).




After the first scarf I decided to make a few more but with a slightly thicker yarn so I cut down my foundation chain to 31 and followed the pattern.

This one I made as a (very late) Christmas gift for a dear friend in Miami Fl. She had asked a few months earlier if I would make her some hat and scarf sets, but more on those later. This is a dark purple yarn I found for cheap in a little thrift shop (oh I bought so much yarn there) in Warren Ohio. I finished it with some leftover white thick fluffy yarn.





This next one was sent along in the package to Miami.





This one is for an amazing lady I use to know in high school. I held onto this red yarn for so long before making it into this beautiful scarf. The red is hand dyed 100% wool and I added some leftover Lion Brand Homespun thick&quick (Its black and grey but I don't have the color name).






And then, after what felt like months of want a pretty scarf of my own I finally had the time!
Bought this yarn on a great sale at Michael's its Red Heart Soft Yarn in Deep sea and I added the white fluffy yarn around the edges. Its my favorite scarf!






This pattern took a little while for me to get use to but after a few rows I got the hang of it. This is such a beautiful pattern and its really not that much work. I know I will be making more of these.

Thanks for looking and enjoy!

Happiness is Homemade
Alyssa







No comments:

Post a Comment