Monday, November 7, 2016

Baby Blankets For All

For All The Babies!

Oh my gosh, I love babies, and everyone I know had a baby this year. Even before genders are known I'm searching over baby blankets I can make, saving them, and considering the yarn I would use. I started on a pattern I had my eyes on for a while after finding out a friend from Florida was expecting a girl in May.

This is a free pattern found on Ravelry. It is worked in a round from the center out and is so stunning that I had to make more.

ravelry.com/patterns/library/fluffy-meringue-stitch-blanket

Fluffy Meringue Stitch Blanket- Made using Caron Simply Soft yarn in the color Cream. This took 5 skeins of yarn and a little over a month to make.



Not only did I get to gift this beautiful blanket but my amazing photographer friend also requested a blanket from me. She sent me a photo and I got to go to a real yarn store for the first time!!!! I picked up some bright pink fiber and headed home to figure out what to do. After much trial and error I chose to knit my fiber with PVC pipe, rather difficult, and very new, but after a few rows I got it down. It was a totally new experience and it was so fun to make.

Fiber Knit Baby Blanket Photo Prop- 1lb 5oz pink fiber and took about two weeks to make.


After making the first fluffy meringue blanket and posted pictures I got a request from my grandmother to make another one for my cousin and his wife who was expecting their first baby girl. In our family we have a tradition to receive a blessing blanket for your first baby. Not the last blessing blanket made.

Fluffy Meringue Stitch Blanket- Made using 5 skeins of Caron Simply Soft in White and took a month to make. 

Honeycomb Baby Bonnet- Extra Caron Simply Soft in White. Works up super fast in less then an hour. 



So I couldn't help myself and had to make another one of these blankets and matching bonnet in whatever color I wanted. I picked a yarn I had a few balls of and work on it on a road trip. 

Fluffy Meringue Stitch Blanket- Caron Simply Soft yarn in Light Green, 5 skeins used and it only took two weeks with a lot of time in the car. 

This blanket and bonnet are available over in the Etsy store, Head on over there for easy purchase and quick shipping. 

After so many girly baby blankets I was thrilled to hear of a friend in Utah and his wife were expecting a baby boy. I looked through my yarn and pulled out my six skeins of vintage Caron Dazzle air yarn in a shimmering grey and some Red Heart yarn in black. I also made this cute baby a batman cape, hat and mask. 

Cluster Stitch Crochet Baby Blanket- Worked in Grey and black. Took a little over a month to make. Easy pattern and so many ways to make it look different.



Just sent off my most recent blanket to its new amazing little baby girl. A good friend from middle school and his wife just welcome their first baby. After seeing my other blankets she requested a blanket and we spent a good while picking out a pattern she liked and I got started. 

Mayflower Baby Blanket- Worked in Caron Simply Soft yarn in white. Blanket took 6 skeins of yarn and a little over a month to make. 



Baby blankets are so fun to make, I have another few in mind I would love to make and few more people expecting babies. Hope all the families enjoyed their blankets and new bundles of joy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment