Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Harry Potter Sorting Hat

Crochet Sorting Hat

A dear friend on mine was in search of a Harry Potter Sorting hat for a surprise party she was throwing and asked if I could make one for her. Turns out she had planned ahead and forwarded a link to a free crochet patter. Here is the link.

craftyiscool.blogspot.com.free-pattern-harry-potter-sorting-hat

I actually really enjoyed this project. I crochet the whole hat over a day and then spent another day hand sewing the felt to the brim for support. I used a thick Lion Brand Hometown USA yarn from Jo anns, They do sell it at Walmart though. This was thick enough that I really didn't need to put batting in the top of the hat. Brown felt to match around the brim.


If I did this project again I would add a few more rows to the bottom so that his face was a little further up. Thanks for looking and Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment