Friday, May 8, 2015

Magnetic Crochet Flower Bracelet

Magnetic Crochet Flower Bracelet 

A few weeks ago I created a magnetic flower necklace to use on our road trip to hold my dull yarn needles and safety pins (I use them as stitch markers). I was so thrilled with it that I couldn't help but share it on The Crochet Crowd and was shortly featured on their main Facebook page! The necklace got am amazing amount of attention! I loved reading through the comments.

If you would like to check out the blog post on the flower pendent necklace here is a link.
alexandalyssarigby.blogspot.com/crochet-magnetic-flower-pendent




















I came across a great free bracelet pattern on Ravelry and fell in love with it. I have made this popcorn stitch flower before for hats and such. A perfect flower for a magnet. Here is a link to the pattern.
www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/spring-flower-bracelet-3

Things I did differently

Well, obviously the main difference is the small magnet in the center of the popcorn flower. Lets start with my magnets. I get my magnets from Home Depot. They have a great selection, I get a small pack of three magnets that look like thick washers. Next time I buy them I will snap a picture or them.

I used a G hook and a Simply soft yarn to make my first flower. When I switched to the off-white I also downsized my hook to an E hook and continued with this size the rest of the pattern.

Your magnet replaces the magic loop in this flower pattern. All you need to do to start this pattern is SC 8 around the magnet.

I also made my straps a little bit slimmer. There are only 9 SC across the first row and 10 SC across the rest of the way. I have a very small wrist so I also needed to shorten the straps. I only crochet 6 rows and then did my decreases.

















This is a easy pattern to follow and now you can make your own amazing magnetic bracelet too. I had a lot of fun with this small project and can't wait to try out some different color combinations and hook sizes.

















I would love to see your bracelets so if you make one head on over to my Facebook page and share your photos with me.
www.facebook.com/LyssaLousCustomCraft


Lyssa Lou's Custom Craft Etsy Shop

Coming Soon!

I am looking forward to add these great bracelets to my Etsy shop. Would still like to do some changes to the pattern before adding them. So, in the meantime, check out the other items in the shop.
www.etsy.com/shop/LyssaLousCustomCraft


Thanks for taking a look everyone and enjoy! Don't forget to like, share and subscribe!
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment